The purchase of carpets and furniture in your home is one of the largest investments you will make. Another large investment is your vehicle. Taking care of these investments takes regular maintenance, cleaning, and knowledge. Whether it’s the result of a fire or flood, or it’s regular cleaning, here at Steam Canada we have the knowledge to care for your carpets and upholstery with over 45 years of experience behind us – and we guarantee our workmanship 100%!
We can clean Oriental Rugs, wool rugs, dhurrie rugs, and any other form of carpeting you may have.
Steam cleaning is the most recommended form of carpet cleaning by carpet manufacturers. It does not wear down the fibers of the carpet, it cleans deep and leaves no residue behind to attract soil to a recently cleaned carpet. When done correctly, it leaves your carpet cleaner – a deeper clean that will last longer. These same principles apply to upholstery as well.
When carpets cannot be steam cleaned, it is because the dyes used may “run” or browning stains may appear due to the presence of water. In these cases, a dry cleaning solution is used instead of a cleaning agent and water. The process is essentially the same, except that no water is used. The cost is significantly higher though, due to the cost of the dry cleaning solution and not the process used to clean. Dry cleaning is not as effective as steam cleaning for removing stains. It is more to remove surface dirt and dust as opposed to stain removal.
We recommend the application of Teflon™ to further enhance your carpets and upholstery after cleaning. We apply Teflon™ in the concentration and manner the manufacturer recommends for best protection.
The following are benefits of Teflon™ for your carpets :
- improves your carpet’s appearance
- extends the time period required between cleanings
- makes cleaning easier and vacuuming more effective
- makes spot & stain removal easier and more effective – for you and a professional cleaner
- puts a barrier between you and your carpet, reducing static electricity and helps to reduce wear
As you can see, these advantages help reduce costs and enhance your carpet and upholstery.
- When cleaning your carpets, we can move sofas and chairs out of the way, clean under them, pad them, and put them back. We do not move electronics, tables with breakables or large items such as pianos, wall units, china cabinets, etc. We generally do not move beds or dressers in bedrooms.
- Carpets should be pre-vacuumed before we clean.
- There may be an extra charge for heavily soiled areas, moving excessive furniture, extra cushions, etc.